Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Hi and welcome @lumiere1 ðŸ‘‹

Thank you 🙂 

That’s great to hear some workplaces are getting better at inclusion.

Hello everyone,

I’ve been mentally unwell since 1994, and was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 1998 whilst in the regular army infantry. Then a few years go by and I’m in hospital again in 2015 and I’m diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, which I’m sure you guys are aware is bipolar and schizophrenia combined. A couple more years go by and it’s 2017 in hospital again. My experience in 2015-17 was good. The treatment was good and the hospital was new . I know this experience isn’t the same for everyone .

I'm now in community housing having a great life. I love to listen to music and read a lot of books fiction and non-fiction ,and watching shows on tv. I’m on the DSP and do not work anymore and this is the best outcome for me.

Hi and welcome @Chuck77 ðŸ˜Š

Hope you find it to be a super wholesome and welcoming space! 

Hi Chuck77,

Nice to meet you.  I'm glad you've come to a good place in your life.  You sound like you have things sorted now.  Do you have people to support you, friends?  How about MH supports?  All of these things are important.

Hi @lumiere1 ,

Thank you for sharing, and for offering your empathy and support.  We all appreciate being supported on our life journey.  It's so nice to know that others can understand what we're going through.  I look forward to getting to know you.

G’day, I’m @Melbcoffeesnob and I'm new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself 😄 

I work at Sane Australia as a moderator and I'm thrilled to introduce myself as a new member of this vibrant online community, I can't wait to embark on this exciting journey of knowledge sharing, engaging discussions, camaraderie, and sharing my own mental health experiences.

My passion for Mental health has been a long-standing affair as I've been working in mental health for the past 10 or so years, whether it's delving deep into breaking down the stigma of mental health or exploring the latest trends in positive psychology and discovering new trends in self-care.

I'm here to learn from others, contribute, and connect with like-minded members on the sane forums.

It's my aim to listen to other members and when I can, offer my insights and experiences to help other members on their journey.

Have you done anything for your well-being and self-care this week?

If your needing support please don't hesitate to reach out. 

You might see my name pop through via emails.

I look forward to speaking to you soon,

@Melbcoffeesnob 

Hello and welcome @Melbcoffeesnob 

Hi @spyprah 

Welcome to the forums 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance