Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @KyleeGabby!

Thank you for your advice. I think volunteer work is a great idea. I need to know if I'm suited to it and volunteering is a great way. I hope there are some organizations in my community that accept volunteers. Did the place you volunteered at ask for volunteers or did you ask them?

hello and welcome @Usernametaken 

how are you today 

@KyleeGabby , @june23 , hello 

Hi @calmsoul 

Itโ€™s so lovely to hear from you - it was my pleasure ๐Ÿ’œ

Being gaslighted as a patient can be incredibly traumatizing and this particular behaviour has the potential to result in so many powerful thoughts and feelings.

As such, trying to let go of things when weโ€™ve been so horribly wronged and betrayed by people in positions of trust, can be absolutely excruciating and so itโ€™s completely understandable that youโ€™re still impacted by what happened and are trying to work through everything ๐Ÿ’œ

With this in mind, I just ever so gently wondered if thereโ€™s anything that you feel would be helpful for you at this time?

Thatโ€™s great that youโ€™ve been knitting and well done for finishing your shawl ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thinking of you ๐Ÿ’œ

ShiningStar ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi, 

Been managing Bipolar 1 for 25 years and have recently had the opportunity to apply all that Iโ€™ve learnt to a worthy cause. My Public service department is creating a Inclusive leadership workshop for all the senior management. I was filmed, along with other diverse employees about challenges, what could be done better and aspects that needed to change. It was so powerful. First time in 20 years that someone wanted to really hear what we face in obtaining and maintaining employment. Then we (and other fellow diverse employees) provided feedback on the full day leadership workshop. 

I share this because normally being bipolar is seen as such an outlier that you never to speak and get ignored. This wasnโ€™t a well-being focused workshop but about work, being supported and being productive! 

Iโ€™m sharing because it was so meaningful to me and perhaps things will change! 

Wow! So good to hear this great news @Frog50 ! We certainly people to be able to speak out and normalise mental health. 

I've also had the privilege of advocating for mental health, and it was such a rewarding experience. 

I'm sure you will have many eye-opening returns as you reach out in the community. Kudos to you!

Content/trigger warning
Hello everyone! 

I was diagnosed with PTSD 5 years ago after developing symptoms 6 years ago. I am incredibly lucky to have received mostly great support services, and found a lot of solace in trauma informed CBT and talk therapy, but my favourite and most helpful has been through laugh therapy, I love to laugh and make others laugh, 

PTSD puts you on a never ending and winding road of recovery, but I am committed to my happiness ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Two fun facts: I love my cat, and I love cooking

Iโ€™ve been searching for something this year, Iโ€™m not sure what, all I know is that I need to chat with some like minded people that struggle with depression. 

Ive been experiencing prolonged depression and anxiety for most of the year. To try and change this Iโ€™ve moved house, ended my relationship, exercised, antidepressants, counselling, abstained from alcohol. Nothing is lifting this mood! I feel empty and canโ€™t move forward. 

Iโ€™ve had mental health issues for many years but usually can manage it and only lasts a few weeks, itโ€™s now been 6 months and I donโ€™t know where to turn next.

Hi @Greenchakra 

Welcome to the forums ๐Ÿ˜Š

Here to have a chat and hold space for you ๐Ÿ’›

I want to acknowledge your ability to seek support and care for yourself by reaching out here, a very warm welcome awaits you in these forums. 

How have these past 6 months been looking like for you?

I wanted to also share with you that SANE offers 1 on 1 phone support with Peer Support workers if you feel like having more 1 on 1 support 

• SANE guided service: SANE drop-in services are staffed by qualified team of counsellors and people with lived experience of mental health issues who will provide you with free digital and telehealth support, information and referrals.โ€™ --- Click here for more info if you would like to have a look -- https://www.sane.org/referral 

Sending lots of light,

fluffylight x 

@Jaimelyn ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi everyone, Iโ€™m new to this site but not new to mental health issues. Iโ€™m 60yo, retired early from work 1year ago and feeling like world is crashing in around me.  So thankful for my 2 cats who give me reasons to get up each day and eat at least once a day.  During last 50yrs Iโ€™ve had lot of special people in my life die (first being suicide of an uncle when I was 9yo and most recently death of my husband in April 2020 following 6month battle with cancer), been verbally abused, dealt with workplace bullying, been in near fatal car accident and was victim of childhood abuse due to domestic violence.

was placed on medication by local doctor about 3 weeks ago and referred to therapist due to depression and PTSD.  Have had 2sessions with therapist which has involved going through timeline of events in my life.  Last couple days finding Iโ€™m struggling with trust issues again, wanting to completely isolate myself and dealing with full range of mood swings again