Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Hi,

thank you for the welcome! 

yes, I love being in open spaces, it helps with my thinking. And I do love to walk a lot! I used to go running each day but now it’s walking ...as recommended by various people. 

I love working and I find it good for me. But there are times where I just get tired. Like, I just want to stop. 

I was homeless for nearly four years and lost everything. My home, my kids my mental health.. my fiancé passed away...it all went. 

Now I feel I’m slowly getting life back and although it’s hard I find it good to be doing the steps to get life in order again.

im a tortoise though! I’m very slow these days.. 

so, I guess, although I get tired, it helps more than hinders me to be working. ☺️

I guess if I was to go back in time, I wouldn’t be able to work. My mental health was pretty bad. I was put into a mental health hospital six years ago for about six weeks. They put me back together again. Bit by bit.

Well, that’s a little more about me..

I hope to read others posts and respond if I can!

thanks again for your welcome

I can certainly relate to that @Ruby1102 .

I don't have schizophrenia, but I've sure had my fair share of inpatient stays and ED visits. 

For my condition, it was long-term psychotherapy that made the difference.

I'm so sorry to hear that life was so tough for you and you lost nearly everything. That sounds so difficult.

We look forward to seeing you around on the forums.

You can have a look at:

Daily Achievements! 

Share a cuppa? 

Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday 

The Ice-Memery 

Join us on our virtual walk around Australia! 

See you around!

Hi @Ruby1102 @tyme @amber22 

Welcome ruby I can relate to what you're talking about

You are very strong as a person to forge a path forward and find your peace 

I am afraid of homelessness and have been struggling with safe accommodation for a few years , I have also had hospitalisations but didn't find them so helpful

I hope this space works for you and you can find a good support system here 

Hello all. I am a 66year old married woman. I love my cats more than people. I suffer from complex PTSD

Hi @characterslong
Welcome to the forums!
Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself with us 🙂

How is your day so far?

Hi @characterslong I think I like tv and book people more than real people. ❤️Complex PTSD here as well. Very difficult to manage at times but it helps to have the dx.

I hope ur well and welcome !

Hi Everyone

I am 55 years of age and live in Perth. Mum to 2 adult children. My daughter who is 29 has had depression for about 10 years. I have had a fair share of tragedies throughout my life, including the loss of a child, my Dad, a best friend to suicide, another best friend from a heart attack - at only 43, a marriage breakdown and my son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes as a baby - he is now 21 - so that has presented daily challenges. I possess a high level of empathy and resilience which combined with a calm nature, has not only got me through those difficult times but enables me to help others facing their own challenges. I hope I can do that here.

Welcome @lumiere1 It is great you have found us here 😁 I hope we can provide support as well as an outlet for you to chat as well.

Thank you so much @Zoe7 

No problem @lumiere1 It seems you have overcome many challenges in life and your positive mindset still shines through. I can imagine at times though that has been hard to sustain but like so many here - we keep going. Great to have you here.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance