Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Hello lovely @Faith-and-Hope xx

can you put the time when you post a comment , just for time difference  xxx

love hearing all about your trip

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Faith-and-Hope, love the "kitchen sink supplement" lol Can't wait for tomorrows news. Tell me when you get to walk on "cobble stone" and if you get any snow 🙂 Walking with you xox
@Appleblossom, hope you got a bell on puddy tat Feed, hi @NilNik, @shaz, @Former-Member.
Former-Member
Not applicable

I spent a bit of time in the UK years ago.  Loved touring London, so much to see.  Stayed in a lovely old hotel across the road from the big park there, I think it's called Hyde Park, am I correct?  @Faith-and-Hope

Last time I travelled I didn't stay in London though, just passing through on way to another country.  Had to spend 5 hours in Heathrow Airport, on the way to Canada.  5 hours is a very long time when in the middle of a long, long flight.

After travelling for 6 months, I was very happy to be home in my own bed.  That was then though, lol.  Now I am almost ready for another trip.  Funny how we tend to forget how LONG it is to get over there though.  Actually, going there isn't so bad, it's the trip back that seems extra long.  Heart

well at least cold and flu meds over there 4x as strong as 'originals' here .. they don't mess around, more about health and welfare, that may have worked for jetlag, clock took me day or too, the rest was just surreality of being in a different world lol @Faith-and-Hope

Hi everybody .... 😊

@Former-Member ... it's not hard to be walking on cobblestones in the UK .... any old town area still has cobblestones streets, generally.

@Shaz51 .... time difference to WA is 8 hours behind .... so currently 4:07pm here

Yes @Former-Member ... the big park in London is Hyde Park. I love London too.

Yes @TAB ... surreal ....

💗

..er I didnt mind it re early darkness, there's always artificial light ..never had the opposite when its still light at 10pm ..bit harder to turn the dark on lol @Faith-and-Hope

Think that would be Summertime in these same areas @TAB .... and yeah .... heavy drapes maybe ....
Former-Member
Not applicable

Just dropping in to say howdy @Faith-and-Hope. I'm glad your travels are going well. I can't believe how quickly this week has gone. I hope your feeling revitalised now with all the wonderful stimulation. Your senses must be in overdrive, I think mine would be💜🤗

Yeah @Former-Member ... pretty much ..,, D3 having baby dragon moments ... frustration over her knee ... backwash from graduation stress .... end of year fatigue .... we wear it all like a thrown bowl of cereal really ... 😏

Just had a power nap, then museum with Tweedledum and Tweedledee (S2 & D3). Have managed to land D2 with MIL for the afternoon ... she likes stairs as much as she likes rain ... not !

Will be checking in looking for @Former-Member when I can .... 2 degrees here now, but blue skies and sunshine .... better rug up ....

💜🌷
Former-Member
Not applicable

I loved the 'wear it like a thrown bowl of cereal' expression, I will be adding it to my collection 😁. Ah baby dragons. I went overseas in 2006 with my partner while kids were at their dads. Spent the entire time saying "I wish the kids were here to see this" Pretty sure if they had been there I would have spent my holiday saying "I wish we could do this on our own" 😳😝😂

enjoy the museum and hopefully not too much rain. Sending best wishes 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance