Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums

Re: Coin Collectors' Corner

Amazing @Mustang67 !

Hi @Harmonium I wasn't interested in the Bluey coins, I really couldn't be bothered at the time. 

But since I do want to collect each denomination of each coin produced each year, I probably should have paid more attention. But after having to see a new psychiatrist on Monday and having to bring up a lot of old stuff, it put my mind back to bad old memories and and I have been struggling this week. 

Since I can't work and money is getting tight, I have decided to pull out my albums with my decimal currency coins and start seeing what coins I am missing and need to get through change if possible. I also have a heap of coins to sort through, so that should keep me busy for a while. 

I hope the RAM do bring out another edition in the Beauty Rich and Rare Collection. But I haven't heard anything regarding that. But if I get my super payment approved.  I will definitely be purchasing the Great Barrier Reef silver coin to finish of the collection to date. 

@tyme 

@Harmonium I managed to buy the World Heritage Coin for $60 on EBay at the end of July. A guy had it for $80 or make an offer, so I offered $60 and he accepted it. I was so wrapped considering what other people were asking.  The coin is actually bigger than I expected. 

Hi @Harmonium

I came across this coin and thought you might be interested.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/296665421782?_nkw=%22A+Royal+Transition%22+a+unique+50c+card+featuring+L... 

I hope you are well and doing ok 😊

Re: Coin Collectors' Corner - FAKE BLUEY COINS

Please be aware that Fake coloured Bluey Coins Are Now Selling / Auctioning On eBay /& Market Place

B Fake.jpgB Real.jpgB2 Fake.jpgB2 Real.jpgB3 Fake.jpg

Why don't these people get a life 😡😠

@tyme @Harmonium @Shaz51 @Asgard @rav3n 

Hi @Mustang67 well done! That’s a major win with the world heritage coin : ) love this story - gives me hope. Guess some people just need to cash in from time to time. Nice one to spot!

Hi everyone, I just thought I would show you my latest coin, PNC and PMC arrivals.

2024 20c 20th Anniversary of Where is the Green Sheep Coin in Card2024 20c 20th Anniversary of Where is the Green Sheep Coin in Card003.jpg

2024 $1 Colours of Australia. Red Centre 1oz Silver Proof Coin2024 $1 Colours of Australia. Red Centre 1oz Silver Proof Coin005.jpg

2024 50c 50 Years of NAIDOC Committee Coin & Stamp Cover PNC2024 50c 50 Years of NAIDOC Committee Coin & Stamp Cover PNC

2024 Koalas in Danger - Endangered in the ACT Limited Edition Medallion & Stamp Cover PNC2024 Koalas in Danger - Endangered in the ACT Limited Edition Medallion & Stamp Cover PNC

2024 Koalas in Danger - Endangered in the NSW Limited Edition Medallion & Stamp Cover PNC2024 Koalas in Danger - Endangered in the NSW Limited Edition Medallion & Stamp Cover PNC

2024 Koalas in Danger - Endangered in the QLD Limited Edition Medallion & Stamp Cover PNC2024 Koalas in Danger - Endangered in the QLD Limited Edition Medallion & Stamp Cover PNC

@tyme @Harmonium @Shaz51 @Asgard @rav3n @Judi9877 

@Judi9877 

this is the coin thread 

hello @Mustang67 , @tyme , @Harmonium , @Asgard , @rav3n 

Hi there @Shaz51 @tyme @Mustang67 @Harmonium @Asgard and all forumites here. Great thread @tyme ! Thanks for the tag @Shaz51 @Mustang67 ! 

My mum used to collect coins when she was alive but I never knew exactly she did it. I’ve continued the idea to a certain extent when I’ve had some coins in my change from the past and I have them kept away in a memory box in a cupboard. As I rarely use money to pay for things- I use my debit card now- it’s harder to get coins. I did get the $29 Bluey collection of coins just recently which got delivered yesterday but I’m planning on keeping them for awhile. Part of me is hoping they go up in value and I may be able to cash them in to a suitable buyer (I know that people in the USA would pay a decent amount for them as they seem to be Bluey crazy) so right now, it’s a small investment of sorts. This is the first lot of coins I’ve purchased in a long time so I’ll see what happens as to what I do with them. 

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🌻🪙

@Judi9877 Welcome to our coin collector's corner.

Any of the silver coins I purchased, I do so because I like the coin, and I see it as something I can leave to my daughter for her to either keep the collection going, or to sell.

Since losing my house that I owned outright, because of a lazy ex husband. I now have nothing to leave my daughter that would help her out if time gets tough.

So I collect the coins. It is something that I am interested in, and will give me pleasure if I eventually get a display cabinet to put them in. I have also started buying the bullion coins which she can easily cash in.

And I must say that all the people that I have talked to that collect coins, are such lovely people and they are so willing to help other people out.

But I warn you, it can become very addictive. Lol

Just be aware that you will need to store the coins in a place that doesn't get too hot or creates moisture, as this can damage the surface of the coins.