Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

That would look like - simply having meaningful connections (relationships) with people.

To be able to spend time with them @nashy

That means options & choices (re: people to be with) that I have not had in a long time.

I am not isolated by choice, I'm actually highly social (although sometimes shy).

My friendships all went bung (they all cut me off) at exactly the same time as my marriage ended.

Whammy after whammy.

Lost confidence.

I do make repeated efforts to connect & network, from time to time - in fact a lot, over time.

Yet nothing has come or developed, to replace those lost connections (past friendships) & relationships.

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

Relaxing sounds lovely @Shaz51 Sounds amazing. 

@Former-Member hahaha that card is epic! Smiley LOL

Hey there @Adge I am sorry to hear this, a common tale with separation I hear. I know you're a very insightful, intellient human being. I do hope over time the void those deeper connections have left are filled with new, lovely energy.  I know it's a very hard slog until that time - thank you for sharing this. Much appreciated.

Catching up because you want to, not because you feel obligated to. 

Catching up because you want to, not because you feel obligated to.-- very true @Former-Member , @nashy 

have that feeling and expectations tht you need to catch up with everyone

going to 3 places in one day is too much

i have tried , and it does not work with husband who has MI

last year we did 2 places , even that was toooo much

Thanks @nashy That's very encouraging (lovely), you gave me a boost....

Adge

I agree @Shaz51 When I go to NSW to visit my relatives - similar (too many visits) is expected of me, even though I have no car to drive (over there).

Adge

hello @frog Smiley Very Happy

Welcome @frog!

@Former-Member I think catching up because you want to is massive. I choose now to spend time with people I really value, sometimes that is friends or just hanging with my dog. Sometimes a partner etc etc. I think that is a really good differentiation thank you.

The Council & Charity Community Christmas Day lunches here (there are a few) - have over 2000 people attend each of them.

Outdoors in the 35C to 40C heat.

Yes, it is an opportunity to be with people on Christmas day - if you can deal with a crowd that large.

Many people would be totally overwhelmed by a crowd of 2000 people at one of those Community lunches - so they would not be able to attend.

I would not want to go to a Gathering that large.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance