Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

nashy
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

Topic Tuesday_ Lived Experience.png

For our final online event of the year @nashy as well as the LE and Carer communities, will be discussing one of the most common challenges throughout the holiday period!

Expectations Smiley Frustrated

We will be strategising some different approaches to this time of year including realistic expectation setting, maintaining perspective and executing on self-care.
Look forwarding to seeing you all there Smiley Very Happy

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

What time does this event start in my timezone?

• AEDT- 7pm
  • AEST- 6pm
  • ACDT- 6:30pm
  • ACST- 5:30pm
  • WST- 4pm

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

112 REPLIES 112

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

Hello everyone and a special warm welcome to those members who wanted a reminder of tonight's event Smiley Very Happy

@Snowie @Adge @frog @Lise07 @Razzle @cutiepiekitty @Former-Member @BlueBay @Former-Member @Shaz51 

Tonight we will be chatting about managing expectations throughout the holiday season!

holidaygif1.gif

No doubt, this can be a stressful time of year for some; but I hope that after tonight we will all feel a little less alone in tackling the ins and outs of xmas activities. Smiley Very Happy

I will just wait a few minutes for members to settle in, then we will kick off with discussion point one!

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

Hi Nashy. Thanks for the link up

hey @cutiepiekitty Welcome! Thank you for coming 🙂 How are you travelling tonight?

Hello @nashy 👋

@Sophie1 if you are about/ free/ want to join ...

@Snowie @Former-Member Welcome 👋👋👋

So good to have you here Heart 🙂

Hi @nashy  Reasonable. Had a lazy day because I needed it. Had a hard session yesterday with counsellor and was tired and mucle sore. But was given the most beautiful journalling book with hidden bits in the beautiful embossed cover picture. Spent a couple hours studying it and writing the story of the people in the pictures

Hi @nashy @cutiepiekitty

Hi everyone.

Struggling with dissociation, & overwhelm.

A tough day, hopefully with a good positive focus (at the end of it) - this discussion!

Adge

Wow the journalling sounds incredible @cutiepiekitty Thank you so much for sharing this Heart Thank you.

@Adge  Welcome! Thanks for being open about the overwhelm. I hope tonight's chat provides some reprieve and connection for you 🙂  I will be kicking off with Question 1 in a moment! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance