Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//How can I be mindful when I have a mindFULL//Tues. 20 March. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

I was trying to come up with something I don't already do, but can't other than the listening to music thing.

So, I will mindfully make a Beef Stroganoff for lunch to morrow. It's not something I get to do very often, so it sort of is different, but it's not a different activity from what I normally do, sadly. 

Re: Topic Tuesday//How can I be mindful when I have a mindFULL//Tues. 20 March. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

I will try to mindfully have a coffee and write a to do list for the day . This is a simple task I haven’t achieved for ages. Mood is a bit better so here’s hoping. 

Great one @soul! Good luck @Former-Member @Marie7 - I know you said focusing on spending time with family helps you. Thats another good oneSmiley Happy

@Lauz My super favourite mindfulness activities are playing my violin, doing yoga, gardening, listening to the birds and my new-found adventure of crocheting. 

In terms of adding a little more mindfulness to your day:

• Noticing your thoughts, feelings, body sensations when stuck in traffic.
  • Noticing the feel of the water, plates etc. when washing up.
  • Noticing how you react if you spill/break something (I spilt an entire cup of coffee over my kitchen bench today and wonder of wonders, the Earth didn't fall off its axis or anything Smiley Happy). 

Hey guys, so time got away and I now have to wrap up! I just wanted to say a very sincere thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences here, helping one another feel comfortable to express their challenges and for supporting everyone to be able to try to access mindfulness. Throughout tonight there have been fabulous examples of mindful activities and hopefully you can each try one tomorrow.

It has been an awesome Topic Tuesday with you all!

Here are a few more ideas on mindful activities 

There is a blog piece from SANE with more thoughts on this here 

And lastly some great apps that are helpful for practising some mindfulness listed here 

Heart

thank you for your time and hosting @Lauz

thank you everyone for being here, I have enjoyed this discussion very much. 

Good night and sweet dreams when you get to rest. Heart

Thanks @Lauz and everybody for tonight. Smiley Happy

Many thanks @Lauz - a useful and lively conversation. Thanks also to all participants.

Yours mindfully,

soul

Thank you everyone for a wonderful discussion  - such an important one. 

I will start with the advise earlier, start the day with breathing meditation, always put music on in the mornings, & eat breakfast outside, many birds here in the mornings. As to the late night dreams this is when I need to use mindfulness the most, so I will focus on breathing and mindfulness if it happens tonight.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance