Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

holidays

Meant to be going away for some of the school holidays!Supposed to be going with a friend and her kids but but i'm still so worried about it. nervous about everything from the actual distance (not really that far), forgetting stuff, panicking, kids having accidents etc Its been a crappy week already and it feels like an omen. i tried to get into see my gp yesterday but couldnt. My meds are still crappy and they cancelled my psychiatrist telemed to bring it forward to a new date but havent heard when the new date wil be. I dont want to disappoint my kids but im not sure i can cope with it. Don't want to let my friend down either, but dont want to be a burdon on her when its supposed to be a fun time!! I dont know what to do!

LJ

6 REPLIES 6

Re: holidays

Hey @Former-Member
I wouldn't know what to do either..sometimes it is fantastic to get away from our familiar environs and sometimes it can be too dang hard to be away from our familiar supports and routines..
Do you have to make a decision now or can you take a bit of time?
I am think you have a lot going on so please give yourself time..maybe you could go for just a night or two?
Hobbit
Senior Contributor

Hey @Former-Member ,

Just read your post then, wondering how you are going today?

Hobbit.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi, i decided to go and it was hard hard. But the kids had a ball so it is worth it cut it very short and just went for two nights instead of 5. My gp said to not expect too much of myself and appreciate the small things that i am able to do, ie. get up, make kids breakfast etc but that makes me feel so hopeless too! Such small things... Shows me that i've fallen such a long way down and the cliff face i fell from doesnt look like its going to be easy to climb back up.

LJ

Two nights away..well done lisajane!!!
You pushed yourself out of your zone, got to spend time with a close friend and the kids enjoyed themselves..
That to me sounds like balanced wisdom..not overdoing it but with just enough challenge..
Yay! Now you gave done it once, you might do it again for a night over a weekend..

Hear, hear! What @Alessandra1992 said:

Two nights away... well done lisajane!

That's wonderful! Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

thankyou 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance