Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

TW; New Years weight loss adds.

So just a friendly warning that while not discussing weight loss directly this is about all the weight loss adds on tv recently so could be uncomfortable for some. 

I am am having a hard time coping with all the adds on tv for weight loss now that all the companies are trying to capitalize on people’s New Years resolutions. These adds are extremely triggering for my eating disorder issues and they are almost every second add on tv sometimes I even see 3-4 back to back. I don’t want to just not watch tv because it is a distraction for me or should be and this is just really making things hard. Does anyone else find these adds very unhelpful/triggering? How do you cope with it? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: TW; New Years weight loss adds.

@Eden1919  Hey Eden1919 and yes I find the ads depressing and just plain unhelpful. How do I deal with it? I watch one tv show sometimes otherwise get news etc off the net. Even on the net you are not safe from these ads but there is often a skip button so you dont feel stuck watching them. Love peax

Can you tape your favourite shows and then fast forward through the ads? What about streaming them?

@greenpea @Gwynn  I can’t stream the shows that I want to watch on tv and I can’t always record them. Sorry @greenpea I will respond to what you said tomorrow when I can think again cause I am about to fall asleep. 

@Eden1919  Np when you are readyd Eden1919. Hope you are getting some much needed sleep. xx

@greenpea  Thanks, yeah I watch what I can online but I can’t access everything online. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance