Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

sunnybeachgirl
New Contributor

New Relationship Struggles

Hi everyone, I've never used this before but I think it might be good to get this off my chest and talk with someone about. I've recently begun a new relationship with someone, we've only been dating for a week but we're seeing each other for 3 months beforehand. 
Anyhow, I'm really struggling, I've found myself crying on multiple occasions purely because I don't think I'm good enough for him, or that he probably doesn't even like me or he'll just leave me eventually or most recently that he doesn't miss me or feel the way I do about him. 
My past relationships have been super toxic and emotionally abusive and my father has a history of cheating. 
So overall my inecurities regarding relationships are super high. 
I've spoken with my new partner on multiple Occassions about how I feel and have cried in front of him already telling him I didn't think he liked me. He's been really great and reassuring, but I'm so worried that I'm overwhelming or annoying him by me thinking this way, but I really don't know how to stop it. 
I'm really struggling. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: New Relationship Struggles

hi @sunnybeachgirl and welcome
well done for reaching out here, it sounds very tough for you.

im not very good with relationships so im possibly not the best person to ask however it sounds like you may need to have a chat with a psychologist to help you work through your feelings and insecurities.
do you think you would be willing to speak with your gp to get a mental health care plan so that you can see a psychologist?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance