Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

I have to ask this question and it could be triggering for some.....

Has any one of the formites done something because they were criminally insane at the time? Anyone? would love to hear back so that I dont feel so alone ....

28 REPLIES 28

Re: I have to ask this question and it could be triggering for some.....

Hi there @greenpea 

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling alone tonight. Good iin you for seeking support.  It sure is an interesting question to put to the forum members! I think it is fine to ask it but would members be careful with any replies. Details about such acts could well be triggering or distressing other members.

Take care

Whitehawk

@Whitehawk  thank you Whitehawk I appreciate it is a tricky one and that we have to be mindful of other formites when answering. peax

@greenpea  I am a little confused do you mean criminally insane as in you met the criteria of insanity in legal terms?  Or do you mean you committed an illegal act during a time where you met the criteria for a legal defense of insanity? I am just a little confused about what you are asking.... 

@greenpea  Hmmm if the question is asking what I think it is then I haven’t done something that was illegal but I have done things I regret. I guess the scariest and closest I have had with doing something that was criminal was when I was hearing voices every night for a few years telling me I had to hurt other people. I never did hurt anyone I never even tried for me though that is why I kept trying to hurt myself because I kept telling the voices I would give them me but I wasn’t going to hurt anyone else. 

@greenpea 

Big Big hug

Heart

Can you talk more about it with the health prof who already knows. Get them to understand you need to tease it out a bit more.

Motherhood tends to come with guilt, rightly or wrongly, be careful about getting into a beat up of yourself.

Heart

Getting into morality and good and bad, and legal and criminal and sanity issues is a huge area.  I agree with @Eden1919 's question/comment.  I also went deep into the criminal and law stuff a couple years ago with my son. Cant say more.

I have done illegal things when I was young (under21 substance related). I had no concept of a speed limit, it was just ride. I do not think they were bad as nobody was hurt and I do not particularly regret them. I see it as a stage and the facts of the world I grew up in.  I would not have hurt anyone, and seeing how full consequences of that life style did damage people, turned me around.

@Eden1919 @Appleblossom  Hi Eden1919 and Appleblossom thank you for getting back to me so quick.  I mean did an illegal act whilst being criminally insane 😞

Hi @greenpea   good question.  Brings back a lot of memories but not triggering me at the moment.  Maybe a bit of shame at times, but I forgive myself as I was undiagnosed and fully believing my manic delusions unknowingly.  The short answer is yes, several times over the years.  For example thinking someone had ended their life and going through their home with a fine tooth comb looking for evidence, but also stealing their pot seeds.  There are more extreme things but I won't tell them to anyone ever.  Absolutely outrageous.

@greenpea I haven’t done anything illegal but I think also that is partly my personality and also the fact that I have a somewhat legal background so these things factor into my desicions even when I am not myself. Idk like I have done some very odd stuff and stuff I deeply regret and am embarrassed about but nothing illegal. 

I stupidly drove my car while intoxicated when going through a manic episode. I had no idea where I wanted to go just needed to leave the house. When the police locked me in a box I lost it. I did ask for a doctor and explained what i was going through but was denied help this only tipped me into a psychotic rage. I had no clear decision making skills.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance