Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Th0ughtlessss
New Contributor

I am not coping. Ptsd is kicking my a**

I am not coping. I am dissociated all the time. If I'm not then I'm anxious and hypervigalent. Right now I feel very depressed, I am trying to get myself up and shower, or make some lunch, or even read a book, but everything is just such a monumentous effort. I am so tired even though I slept in today. I just don't know what to do. (i am not experiencing suicidal thoughts and am safe) 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I am not coping. Ptsd is kicking my a**

Welcome to the forums @Th0ughtlessss Smiley Happy It's a brave step to reach out somewhere new so well done on taking that step!

Sorry to hear your depression is weighing you down today. When we feel so low those small tasks can sure feel huge and out of reach. I hope you can be gentle and kind to yourself today.

I hope you find some good support here on the forums.

Jupiter

@Th0ughtlessss  Welcome from me also. 

Sorry ptsd is kicking a** at the moment. It all sounds tough and overwhelming.

Maybe try setting yourself one goal, something to eat and drink. Often momentum kicks in, but achieving one tiny things is good.

Take care.

Hi @Th0ughtlessss and welcome to the forums.

I suffer from PTSD also and experience dissociating episodes too.

Do you have any professional support at all?

@Maggie makes a great suggestion of just concentrating on one small thing at a time.

Please keep reaching out here for support. We hear you and are here to support you along this journey. 

Hey @Th0ughtlessss sorry you're really struggling today. Some days are much harder to manage than others. I find it helpful to acknowledge that there are days when I just can't do anything, and accept that, and try to be ok with that. It took a while for me to be comfortable with that mind set, but once I managed to get my head around it, it's been a weight off my shoulders. It's ok to have days when you can't get things done, it's ok to let yourself rest even if you've had a sleep in, and it's ok to eat shitty food if you can't manage to cook something up. Do what you can with the energy you have, and give yourself some compassion and rest if you need to. Better days will come, and I think they come around more often if we allow ourselves to check out when we have those shitty days.

I hope this helps and hope you get some rest today.

@Th0ughtlessss  Just wondering how you are doing today. 💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance