Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

JoleneZachari
Contributor

Head above water, very exhausted

Why do we need psychologists? Why has our society become like this? Maybe it's always been this way! We're not silent, but no one can hear us until tragedy strikes, and even then, it's only a sigh. Depression comes from good people not doing anything. Are they still good people if they don't act? We often evaluate ourselves as generally good people, with no one murdering or setting fires, but is that really the case? Most people here want to die because living is our instinct, and if we resist our instincts, we're not even human. Only a few people manage to live through the tangles of depression, while the rest of us only live in silence. Why? Our parents gave birth to us and left us to face life alone, and then we foolishly give birth to the next generation without any understanding. Who are we, really? From certain perspectives, we're just sheep and vegetables harvested by the big corporations. Some people still play the game of positivity every day, encouraging us to keep going, and only when we're completely drained of every last drop of blood do they consider it finished.

I am feeling very depressed. I do have family and friends, but it seems that everyone is only focused on their own interests. When I have nothing left to give or offer, I fear that I will become even more powerless and will be disliked by others. I don't want to wait until that time comes. I want to set a bottom line for myself and learn to be patient, as it seems like a lifelong lesson for me. People say that I shouldn't hide my true feelings anymore, but life is long and expressing my emotions openly once or twice maybe fine, but for years depression may only create more distance between myself and others. I don't know how to alleviate these feelings. Eating, drinking, playing, buying things or my basic needs lack any enjoyment for me.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Head above water, Now is one of my worst days.

Hi JoleneZachari just a quick check in to see how you are going. we have emailed you but not received a reply so I hope you are okay? If you are feeling very overwhelmed can you give Lifeline a call on 13 11 14 to have a bit of a chat with someone as its an awful space to find yourself in when you are feeling so much loss and grief as you are. Anyway, we are here if needed so send us an email if you want to. Regards  Iris

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance