Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

SpiderLady
Senior Contributor

Coronavirus

Hello all,

Last week my cleaner turned up, touched everything and then told me that her kids had been sent home from school with sore throats etc. It may not be coronavirus, but pretty irresponsible for her to turn up and risk my health like that.

Anyway over the weekend I have developed flu-like symptoms and I now have to be tested for coronavirus. Besides feeling sick and unwell, I will have to pay a minimum of $40 in taxi fares to go and get tested. I can't afford to keep a car, and used to rely on my support worker to take me shopping etc or community transport to appointments.

Not happy!!!! Smiley Mad

Then I will have to stay in isolation even after the test.

I am nearly out of milk, getting a delivery of groceries on Thursday, but I don't know what I'm going to do if I run out before then. I don't have any friends or family and the neighbours don't seem to think very much of me.

My main treat or reward is a cup of tea which I drink with milk. I can't imagine how much more miserable I will feel if I can't even have a comforting cuppa.

Sorry to be so negative today, but I do feel quite unwell and frustrated.

If I am quiet for a while it's because I don't feel well and am resting. 

Take Care all Heart

9 REPLIES 9
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Coronavirus

@SpiderLady hello.

Wow, that is pretty irresponsible of the cleaner, she could've atleast said she was unwell and cancelled to be safe or something. I hope that you don't get sick and that you don't have the Virus.

I'm sorry you're struggling and have lots to deal with and that there doesn't seem to be anyone that will help with the things you mentioned. Their loss for the people who won't.

I wish I could help more, sigh.

@SpiderLady  you can report breaches of the isolation guidelines to the Chief Health Officer in your state.  Then contact the agency who the cleaner is employed with to be reimbursed for the additional costs the cleaner's flagrant disregard has burdened you with.

@SpiderLady  Hey SpiderLady that is pretty disgusting what has happenned. She should definitely be reported as @Jo-anneJoy  has stated. Plkease keep in touch and let us know how you are going. Sending you love and light. Love peaxxx

The fact that you replied is helpful. Thankyou @Former-Member I am sick now, with flu-like symptoms. I got tested for coronavirus yesterday. I haven't heard anything yet, so that is a positive, but I do feel unwell.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@SpiderLady you're welcome for me replying, I'm glad it's helpful to you.

I'm sorry you're unwell, I hope you get better soon and I hope it isn't the virus, fingers crossed it isn't. Either way I hope you have a speedy recovery xx

Thanks @Jo-anneJoy. I did speak to her boss, the owner of the cleaning company and she was really dismissive of the whole thing. When I suggested that the cleaner and her kids should be tested, the boss said, "but then she will be in isolation." I think all the boss cared about that her business was making money. With a cleaner off sick, she's losing money. I cancelled the cleaner for this week and was tested for coronavirus yesterday. No news yet, but no news is good news. Still, feeling pretty rotten with flu symptoms. I considered complaining or "dobbing her in" but then the cleaning company and the cleaner herself will be angry with me, not that I care about that, but I would no longer be sure that I could trust her to do a good job.

You're very thoughtful and kind, thanks @Former-Member I am resting a lot and trying to eat lots of vegies with my meals and lots of fluids, water and herbal teas. I hope that I feel better soon too. xo
Former-Member
Not applicable

@SpiderLady I think I'm an awful person in endless ways but thanks anyway. I'll let you rest, take care and feel better soon

I really hear what you are saying @SpiderLady  about fearing retribution or displeasing

these people. 

You are not "dobbing in" anybody.  You and the rest of the world is involved in a

global crisis where we all must be responsible.  You are obligated to express your

concerns, especially as you have been contaminated.

I apologise for any brusqueness, but I worked in the pathology sector for many years

and many lay people, especially those with kids, think 'herd immunity' is how to handle

coranavirus, like it's measles, or chicken-pox, or mumps.

Consider having a chat over the phone or online to an advisor at 1800respect about your concerns regarding petty paybacks and other options.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance