Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social space

Re: Far and Away

@Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Emelia8 @Snowie @Eve7 Thanks for the well wishes and support 🥰

I have the rest of this week off and am grateful for that so I can completely rest my hand. Although my thumb and finger are in splints and I have been careful, I still have to use my hands at work and the slightest bump not only hurts but aggravates the wounds. So with 4 days now to completely rest my hand, it should begin to heal up better. On the plus side, I can catch up on some paperwork and planning bit by bit. No work around the house for a while though which is going to be frustrating but it is supposed to rain here for the next few days so I wouldn't be able to do much anyway. Lots of couch time and fur baby cuddles - which will be nice.

Sending love to you all ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Wishing you a speedy recovery my sister ❤️ @Zoe7 

I am here on the forum and sitting on the couch with you 

All I need now is some furbabies 😊

Glad to hear you are taking some time off work @Zoe7 to enable the healing process to kick start.

Enjoy the fur baby time. 

You can share my Hannah @Shaz51 she has plenty of cuddles to share around.

Messenger_creation_79253860-8d86-4151-ac9a-762937123891.jpeg

Aww thank you @Emelia8 

Hannah is beautiful 😍 

Hey @Zoe7 ,

How are you? I'm thinking of you.

@Emelia8 , Hannah must have missed you so much!

@Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Emelia8 @tyme My thumb is still very sore but my forefinger is healing. I will be able to take the splint off my forefinger hopefully in a couple of days and just have the dressing on. I am going back to work on Monday which will be a challenge because being home has meant I can have pain relief that I won't take at work because it sometimes causes nausea for a bit. I am missing the kids but I will miss the fur baby snuggles 🐶🐱💕

Tobes really needs a haircut and bath but I can't do either without both hands - he is a worm when it comes to haircuts - he is okay having a bath but I kinda need both hands to dry him.

Hugs @Zoe7 ,

I hope it gets easier for you. I still can't believe such an accident happened!

Please look after yourself. Do you drive to work? Will you still be able to drive?

I can't either @tyme I have hooked up and unhooked my trailer hundreds of times in so many different environments and carrying large loads at times with no drama - just a freak accident that I am not sure how I could have avoided. Luckily, I had gloves on or it could have been so much worse.

I do drive to work but driving is okay. The movement does aggravate my thumb but it is only a short drive so manageable. I am more likely to aggravate it at work with all those little rascals but I do miss them so I am happy to go back and see how I go.

What have you been up to this week?

This week, I've honestly just been pushing through. I'm waiting for the weekend so I can rest up. Then again, I have a little monkey sleeping in my bed tonight. @Zoe7 . I just can't say no.

I think seeing your kids is therapy in itself. lol.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance