Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Weighted Blankets

Please let me know how it goes too @Snowie as I've been thinking of getting a weighted blanket for some time. What's been stopping me is the costs of them. I think I need one though, so the pros may just outweigh (excuse the pun) the cons.

@Queenieseems like you and @greenpea are good at puns!!!

I will let you know how it goes. The cost was what was stopping me too, however I am hoping it is worth it.

@utopia I've heard about these, but never really considered getting one.

Mind you, I do have a comfort pillow that I like to snuggle up to and cuddle all the time when I am home, and I do like the sensation of the thick fleece blankets I put on the bed when it's winter time.

I have layers and like the weight.  Its getting cold here now, so off to get the next layer out of the closet.

@EternalFlame. The weighted blanket is good if I'm anxious. Nice to hide under and feel cacooned.
But make sure you get the right weight. I did mine based on how heavy I've gotten recently - so got a 10kg blanket. I may be heavy, but I'm not very strong, so would have been better getting a 7kg blanket - based on what I should weigh - rather than what I actually weigh. That's the only negative.
I love my blanket.

Hi @utopia, looks like you are sleepless, like me, tonight. I'd never heard of weighted blankets before now. I don't really understand what they are still really, but that's no matter. How are you tonight?

Woollen blankets are heavy naturally esp when use lots. Very dear these days tho

@Mazarita - fell asleep soon after posting that message. I hope you were able to get some sleep

My weighted blanket came today Smiley Happy Have got it over me now. Will let you all know how I go

My weighted balnket came yesterday and it is heavy. I think I under estimated how heavy it is. I got an 11kg one since I am quite big. I have struggled to move it around, but once moved, I love the feel of the weight on me. It helped last night and this morning already. The material is nice but doesn't leave me feeling hot. I did ot sleep with it on me however.

I probably agree with @utopia in if you are not strong then don't get a really heavy one.

I changed my mind a lot because they are so pricey but just after one night I am glad I got it.

@greenpea @Queenie @Mazarita@Appleblossom@EternalFlame@TAB

Sorry if I missed anyone 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance