Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Narcissism

Dearest @outlander 

Yep. That's true. For many years I would fall apart.....and then go back not understanding what was happening. How could a family member so this ??

I don't know what happened but one day I just arrived. I got it. It doesn't mean I get shaky and insecure when I'm around her when she plays up but it has a less pull of hysteria around me. Writing about it really helps. 

I met up with an old friend of my Mother's and she told me that Mum told her I had the IQ of a 9 year old and I couldn't bring my sons up. I laughed and said she's fine to believe that. No problem !! But I'm not. 

We get along well now. She teases me a lot. She says that I gave my Mum a great life by having a car accident and head injury because she speaks of my supposed injuries a lot. 

Writing about it helps. Reading other people's stories helps. 

sinwp-highly-commended-photos-11.jpg

Oh great @Shaz51 

I just sent @outlander a message about her Aunt but it's your Aunt. 

I'll need to fix this up before @outlander thinks I'm talking to her about your problems....

It's lovely to see you again. 

My oldest son lives in Queensland. My partner and me flew over to visit him twice in the past year. He's now a lawyer defending homeless children. He's a good man

His journey. Not mine. He did the work. 

thats ok @PeppyPatti

and in regards to your question.
i have learnt to deal with it by knowing who is important in my life. it is very hurtful to hear so many untruthful and nasty things but i have started to replace those who believe the lies with those who dont including accessing support workers.
i have also learnt to try and find peace where possible even if its for short amounts of time. youll often find me going for a walk or if im in to much pain to walk youll find me sitting on or near the beach or somewhere with a view and just breathing. its about finding things that bring you sense of peace, joy, happiness or solitude. sort of like replacing the negative with the positive but in a healthy way that doesnt diminish the feelings that come with a narcissistic counterpart

@outlander 

Oh this has been my life. 

You wrote my feelings. I felt,,,,  this is me. 

Yes, I talk a lot to my support coordinator about this. 

Thankyou for your message. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance