Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dittydo
Casual Contributor

Help

This is my first post so not sure what to write.  My 6 y o granddaughter  is living with us, she has been with us since she was 21/2. She has serious trahma  issues. from her mother.Just been diagnosed  with autism  on spectrum. DHHS has guardianship  of her. She has a OT she sees, also a psychologist  and a speech therapist.  The DHS is trying  to involve the mother in all of these sessions, but the mother is the one that caused all granddaughters  problems  in the first place.  GD complains of sore feet,sore tummy  and sore hands,. We have had her physically  checked out to reveal  nothing,  which means it's all phonological. All in the mind

Her problems  comes and goes in cycles.every few months. At the moment  she is screaming  at night, nearly all night. Can't be consoled which is a symptom of trahma.strips all her clothes off, she has imaginatary friends, one of them is starting  to hurt her making matter worse. Dhhs won't do anything, I asked if we could take her to the children's mental health clinic, dhs said no she goes to to many people.  Dhs don't believe anything  I say. This situation  has become unbearable.  Is there anything  I can do. Please help

13 REPLIES 13
SmilingGecko
Senior Contributor

Re: Help

@Dittydo Unfortunately the worst kind of trauma occurs in the womb. Also heavy metals have been linked to autism. You would need to go with someone certified with detoxification qualifications as many alternate healers have no idea what to do with detox and could put your GD at risk. Have also seen some type of kinesiology (can't remember the name of it) able to reverse autistic behaviour in children. Kids that have exhibited troubling behaviour easily find resolution with this type of kinesiology. Ring a kinesiology school to find out more. They can refer you. 

@SmilingGeckoI found this as well, covid infection can exacerbate existing ASD and other psychiatric disorders.  It is so wrong we are allowing it to spread unmitigated in schools https://www.mdpi.com/2075-4426/12/11/1815

Paperdaisy
Peer Support Worker

Hi @Dittydo This sounds like a very concerning situation. I'm hearing your distress and it's understandable you are feeling that way. Does your GD go to school? Do you have any professional supports yourself, who you could ask for guidance on this? 

Dittydo
Casual Contributor

GD is in prep. No we don't have any support 

Paperdaisy
Peer Support Worker

Is the school supportive @Dittydo ?

Dittydo
Casual Contributor

No. Not at all
Paperdaisy
Peer Support Worker

I'm wondering if there is a school counsellor you can speak with @Dittydo ?

Dittydo
Casual Contributor

She goes to a very small school. Only 30 children. So they don't have one

I’m 12 and I have asd too, i dont know if any of this will help but when I get stressed I like to listen to my fav songs and do what makes me happy. I hope that things get better for you and your granddaughter, and maybe see if doing what she likes helps her cope.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance