Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

@Sans911 💌 how are you going tonight?

Awful lil Sis @outlander

I had an online meditation with 10 people rsvp-not one of them joined in or sent apologies. I feel like I have the virus or pox even though it was online. Human beings really suck sometimes.

And then members leaving here, talking of leaving, being upset at members leaving.

Tonight I want to shut down. That means sh. It's so so strong. I'm tired of life's bullshit sometimes.

Sorry you asked how I was. I was just going to post in the worry room and dissapear for the rest of the night

💜 @Sans911  ....

Don't go @Sans911 ill be up for a while, i wouldn't want you to be alone when your feeling like shite and wanting to sh. Lets get through it together ok?

Im so sorry the meditation group session didnt turn out! Humans really do suck sometimes and i find it very inconsiderate to not turn up or let you know they cant make it.

Also im never sorry to hear how you are, id rather you talk then shut down 💌

Do you want to talk about something else as a distraction? @Sans911

Yes I'm watching Frued on Netflix - it's quiet interesting but a bit dark and weird.

You should check out a video on fb by a Kevin Ullman dared 31/3. It's very funny. And I watch vids from Laura Clery as well. Also very funny.

I studied a few hours today. I saw you did the same. How did you get on?

@outlander

Ill have to have a look at them @Sans911 my internets lagging abit tonight but hopefully itll be resolved tomorow. The systems arr so overloaded atm though cause everyones working/schooling from home.

How did you go with your studies today? Are you finding it any good?
I didnt really do much and tbh i cant even remember what i wrote down from it. Have been tired but i still have a week left to finish this module before the next opens up. Itll be the final one thank god.
There was actually a fb post that i seen today about a medical equipment thing that has me intrigued-you would know the answer if you up for it...

Sorry that should have been Freud.

Studies were OK. I usually use Firefox browser but so many things I'm doing don't work. So I've had to install Chrome as well. So today was easier to get through the modules without interruptions. And I learnt some things as well.

Yep ask away about medical equipment

@outlander

Yeah i usually use chrome @Sans911 works well at my end usually too.
What are you learning/revising atm?

Why are there so many different lengths of canulas? Obviously being on fb im not sure how credible it is but there were like 6 colour coded ( yellow, blue, red, orange and various others) different lengths and wondered why there would be so many sorts..

I was infection control today. Tommorow will be physical assessment. Lots of modules still to do.

Yep it is credible re:cannula lengths. You are meaning the ones that get inserted into veins? Because the colours you are describing aren't what I know.

They are graded by size usually. So 14,16,18,20, 22 and 24. They are different sizes & lengths for the purposes of what's the drugs or fluids being used. So the smaller the size ie14 the larger the gauge. So a 14 is often used in surgery for fast transfusions of fluids and drugs. Most commonly used is size 20 which is pink. 18 which is green is used for trauma, surgery or high volume (fast) blood transfusions. 22 gauge is blue and is used for older people because it's smaller and they have fragile veins.

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/339036678169858517/

@outlander
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance