Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

I’m at my whits end. 

Yikes @Carlachris 

What's happening?

What if love and kindness, understanding and devotion just aren’t enough? 

Husbands MI is winning. I barely exist anymore.

@Carlachris
Is everything ok? Is there anything we can help with?

I hope everyone is doing well and preparing for the Christmas period.
I am coming to terms with the fact that Mr Jones will not be home for the Christmas/ NY period. We are hoping he will be able to have leave entitlements to be able to come home for the day but this will depend on his moods on that particular day.
I am preparing myself for the worst case and remembering that its just another day in the calendar for us.

Is everyone ready for Christmas?

Is there any insight about how he treats you @Carlachris  (or perhaps does not treat you)?

Thank you for your kindness.....but no.....I’m here for the long haul but I’m a bit lost and pushed aside by the whole thing. His behaviors have always been behind doors but now in public. We live in a small supportive town but his verbal intensity is frightening people. I feel helpless and I think have given up. FB addiction triggers him. Politics and civil unrest worldwide feeds his delusions. Love him dearly. But he’s going to be locked up or punched out and nothing absolutely nothing I can do. It’s so very hard to watch.

Lack of social skills + strong opinions on a background of MI/ASD = urrrgghh @Carlachris . 

I guess the question  is can an old dog learn new tricks using methods suitable for the newish diagnosis of Asperger's?

@Mrsjones 

Christmas in the hospital = ☹️.   Hoping you see improvement soon.

I am his security blanket. I am his everything but feeling shredded. He is never physically abusive but being an extremely high functioning academic is very cruel with his verbal explosions. One minute his lovely self.... then the next verbally attacking the very lovely managing director of his mothers Aged care facility yesterday was probably my last straw. He Told him because he is Aspergers and he doesn’t trust him he is going to prove to him he is a thief and will eventually take  financially advantage of his hateful mothera as all corporate liars do...... honestly!!!!! For the first time did not know what to do. His anger is fueled by the Julian Assange thing. I have cut the oyster off today. That’s all I can think of today. We just need to get through till the 20th when he sees his phsych. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance