Skip to main content

Forums

/Forums

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

A few less things to declutter in the kitchen after a meltdown (aka tantruim) tonight -darling not me-

Have not been in to check out the damage but suspect a new dinner set may be in order. Judging by the clean up sounds I usupect there was quite a lot destroyed.   Will have to check it out after she goes to bed so as not to trigger another round. 

Kitchen drawer was on the list to clean out and update so just speeds up the progress I guess. 

😞 Not really the right form of decluttering @Determined. Hope you're ok... noticed you posted in your own thread, popping over there.

@Determined

Have you been able to assess the damage as yet?

Juat finished checking it out @Former-Member  it is not neatly as bad ad I feared. Couple of cups? It sounded like a lot of pieces she was sweeping up last night so I may be missing something.  Most of the  mess seems to be in the cutlery drawer. She managed to trash the plastic divider so the contents are one big jumble. 

Built in divider, or an insert that you can easily replace?

Perhaps an opportunity to attend to unwanted items when dealing with the aftermath @Determined .

Plastic divider easily enough replaced @Smc . Possibly can patch it up. 

Juat glad she did not damage the drawers

She was opening and slamming them shut because she knows it bothers me. Noise like that really hurts my ears. 

In other news.... finally got to washing the Christmas Day plates today.
Pretty tired. But happy to have that done.

@Smc 

Christmas dishes done = yay 

Well... mostly. The delicate glassware is still waiting, but that's seven glasses. No biggie.
Sadly, a couple of them were found to have hairline cracks, so they'll be out of commission. It's a set of 1960's-70's style ones that I've collected second hand, so as such I have "extras" but not in every colour. But like I said, better that they're used and enjoyed.